Financial Services – Albany
No Interest Loans (NILS) provide individuals and families on low incomes with access to safe, fair and affordable credit.
Loans are available for essential goods and services such as fridges, washing machines, car repairs and medical procedures for up to $1,500. Repayments are set at an affordable amount over 12 to 18 months.
- Health Care Card/ Pension Card or earn less than $45 000 a year after tax ($60 000 for couples or people with dependants)
- Lived at current or previous address for at least 3 months
- Capacity to repay the loan
|Phone||13 NILS (13 64 57)|
- Make assessments of financial situations
- Provide information and options to address financial problems
- Assist with resolutions if necessary
- Advocate and negotiate with creditors
- Make referrals to other useful services in the community
- Provide information about government assistance that may be available
- Support clients in developing their own budget
- Relay relevant information about consumer credit and bankruptcy
|Address||St. John's Anglicare Centre, 44 Collie Street|
|ALBANY, WA 6331|
|Phone||(08) 9845 6666|
Centrelink provides advice and assistance for a range of health, social and welfare payments and services via Medicare, Centrelink and Child Support.
|Address||15 Peels Place|
|ALBANY, WA 6330|
|Phone||(08) 9892 9700|
State and National Financial Support Services
National Debt Helpline is a not-for-profit service that helps people tackle their debt problems. We’re not a lender and we don’t ‘sell’ anything or make money from you. Our professional financial counsellors offer a free, independent and confidential service.
|Phone||1800 007 007|
The aim of Your Toolkit is to provide you and your family with support and help on the path to a more independent, confident and safe life. It has been built in consultation with women who have experienced domestic and family violence, support workers and industry professionals who understand the needs of women and families experiencing abuse.
The RFCS services all types of farming including livestock, grain, fruit and vegetables. Since starting it has been extended to cover professional fishing, forestry and small rural businesses that support these industries, such as fencing, harvesting, spraying or stock management contracting.
RFCS is focused on the financial aspects of the enterprise, especially long term financial sustainability. It works with tools in business analysis and planning, personal goal setting and debt management. It can help access government assistance programs.
Their “Counsellors” are country people, farmers and from farming families in the main, with skills, knowledge, experience and formal qualifications in business financial management.
|Phone||1800 612 004 or (08) 9964 7033|