Financial Services – Broome
No Interest Loans (NILS) provide individuals and families on low incomes with access to safe, fair and affordable credit.
Loans are available for essential goods and services such as fridges, washing machines, car repairs and medical procedures for up to $1,500. Repayments are set at an affordable amount over 12 to 18 months.
- Health Care Card/ Pension Card or earn less than $45 000 a year after tax ($60 000 for couples or people with dependants)
- Lived at current or previous address for at least 3 months
- Capacity to repay the loan
|Phone||13 NILS (13 64 57)|
The Financial Management Program (FMP), Broome CIRCLE offers many services that support people experiencing financial crisis. If you are in this situation, seeing a member of the Broome CIRCLE FMP team could help to improve your personal financial situation and meet personal goals. For example, they can offer strategies to reduce debt, learn more about the obligations and real costs involved in taking out loans and credit, or set up a savings plan for special occasions.
- Monday-Thursday Drop-in 8.30am-10.30am,
- Monday-Thursday 1:00pm-4.30pm (Appointment)
|Address||27 Frederick St (Cnr Weld)|
|BROOME WA 6725|
|Phone||(08) 9193 6425|
Male & Co. is a private financial service in Broome that can assist you in:
- Wealth creation strategies
- Superannuation: self managed, corporate and personal
- Personal wealth protection
- Investment strategies
- Savings and debt management strategies
- Debt recycling
- Business solutions
- Social security entitlements
- Retirement planning
- Estate planning Budget & Cashflow
- Management Superannuation
- Management Taxation: accounting
- Personal Insurance
- Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
|Address||2 Short Street|
|BROOME WA 6725|
|Phone||(08) 9192 7010|
Kimberley Commuity Legal Centre lawyers can help you:
- Complete a budget with you;
- Contact other services and agencies to confirm your bills and debts;
- Call Horizon Power if you are struggling to pay your power bill, and you want Horizon Power to approve you for a government payment towards your bill: the Hardship Utilities Grant Scheme (HUGS);
- Apply for some of your debts to be forgiven because of your hardship; and
- Deal with debt collectors.
PLEASE NOTE: KCLS remains open and ready to help all Kimberley people who need it. Their offices are closed to face-to-face visits, but you can call, email or Facebook IM.
- Monday to Friday: 8.30am – 4.30pm,
- 8.30am – 12.00pm, Monday to Wednesday: Drop-in Service
- Monday to Wednesday: 1.00pm – 3.00pm
|Address||3/41 Carnarvon Street|
|BROOME WA 6725|
|Phone||1800 797 088 or (08) 9192 5177|
State and National Financial Support Services
National Debt Helpline is a not-for-profit service that helps people tackle their debt problems. We’re not a lender and we don’t ‘sell’ anything or make money from you. Our professional financial counsellors offer a free, independent and confidential service.
|Phone||1800 007 007|
The aim of Your Toolkit is to provide you and your family with support and help on the path to a more independent, confident and safe life. It has been built in consultation with women who have experienced domestic and family violence, support workers and industry professionals who understand the needs of women and families experiencing abuse.
The RFCS services all types of farming including livestock, grain, fruit and vegetables. Since starting it has been extended to cover professional fishing, forestry and small rural businesses that support these industries, such as fencing, harvesting, spraying or stock management contracting.
RFCS is focused on the financial aspects of the enterprise, especially long term financial sustainability. It works with tools in business analysis and planning, personal goal setting and debt management. It can help access government assistance programs.
Their “Counsellors” are country people, farmers and from farming families in the main, with skills, knowledge, experience and formal qualifications in business financial management.
|Phone||1800 612 004 or (08) 9964 7033|