Financial Services – Derby/West Kimberley
No Interest Loans (NILS) provide individuals and families on low incomes with access to safe, fair and affordable credit.
Loans are available for essential goods and services such as fridges, washing machines, car repairs and medical procedures for up to $1,500. Repayments are set at an affordable amount over 12 to 18 months.
- Health Care Card/ Pension Card or earn less than $45 000 a year after tax ($60 000 for couples or people with dependants)
- Lived at current or previous address for at least 3 months
- Capacity to repay the loan
|Phone||13 NILS (13 64 57)|
The Fitzroy Financial Counselling Service provides a range of help to members such as providing financial support and counselling services to individuals with regard to their banking, tax, small loans and saving needs;
- Accounting services and Budgeting
- Financial Community Management (networking with other agencies)
- Superannuation enquiries and payout
- Negotiation with creditors – loans and credit cards
- NILS loans (all banking issues)
- Referrals – legal advice to provide information, DCP, Police Centrelink
- Water Corp – paying debt and providing education to reduce water bills
- Department of Corrections – helping clients with family on parole
- The administration of Community owned Chuck in Accounts
- Tuesday, Wednesdays 8:00am – 4:30pm
- 1/2 Day on Thursdays
|Address||158 Great Northern Highway|
|FITZROY CROSSING WA 6765|
|Phone||0488 440 932|
Kimberley Community Legal Centre lawyers can help
- Complete a budget with you;
- Contact other services and agencies to confirm your bills and debts;
- Call Horizon Power if you are struggling to pay your power bill, and you want Horizon Power to approve you for a government payment towards your bill: the Hardship Utilities Grant Scheme (HUGS);
- Apply for some of your debts to be forgiven because of your hardship; and
- Deal with debt collectors IM
- Monday-Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm
|Address||FITZROY CROSSING WA 6765 and DERBY WA 6728|
|Phone||1800 686 020|
KMMS provides a range of education services including; budgeting, debt management, saving plans, family payment education, bill paying, purchasing assistance, internet & phone banking, information on loans and credit cards, lost superannuation, tax assistance, financial counselling, insurances and free access to phone and computers.
The program currently services both the Derby township, and remote communities in the West Kimberley through an established outreach program. The outreach program ensures services are delivered to the following communities; Looma, Pandanus Park, Bebunburru, Mowanjum and the Gibb River Road (Imintji, Dodnun, Kupungarri and Ngallagunda).
- Monday-Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
|Address||Shop 10 – 45 Clarendon Street|
|DERBY WA 6728|
|Phone||(08) 9193 1834|
Money management services provide practical and essential support to assist local people build longer-term capability to manage their money better and increase financial resilience. The money management service:
- Deliver education and intensive coaching in financial literacy and budgeting;
- Provide use of tools to implement individual and family budgeting and savings, and debt management plans including on-going budget monitoring;
- Organise related family support and referrals;
- Assist with accessing financial institutions and financial services information;
- Deliver education and information sessions relating to Money Management services that meet local community need;
- Deliver approved money management courses to improve participants understanding of how to manage their money, plan for the future and find out what services are available to them.
|Address||FITZROY CROSSING WA 6765|
|Phone||(08) 9191 5450|
NWG Financial Counselling services assists individuals and families to maximise income and rationalise expenditure to make informed decisions about financial problems. They assist with food supplies when people are experiencing difficulties and require urgent assistance.
Ngunga has a Memorandum of Understanding with Woolworths, this is the Second BITE Program. This allows their people to obtain perishable goods and damaged stock from Woolworths which is then provided to the people in need.
- Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 4:30pm
|Address||25 Stanley Street|
|DERBY WA 6728|
|Phone||(08) 9193 1455|
State and National Financial Support Services
National Debt Helpline is a not-for-profit service that helps people tackle their debt problems. We’re not a lender and we don’t ‘sell’ anything or make money from you. Our professional financial counsellors offer a free, independent and confidential service.
|Phone||1800 007 007|
The aim of Your Toolkit is to provide you and your family with support and help on the path to a more independent, confident and safe life. It has been built in consultation with women who have experienced domestic and family violence, support workers and industry professionals who understand the needs of women and families experiencing abuse.
The RFCS services all types of farming including livestock, grain, fruit and vegetables. Since starting it has been extended to cover professional fishing, forestry and small rural businesses that support these industries, such as fencing, harvesting, spraying or stock management contracting.
RFCS is focused on the financial aspects of the enterprise, especially long term financial sustainability. It works with tools in business analysis and planning, personal goal setting and debt management. It can help access government assistance programs.
Their “Counsellors” are country people, farmers and from farming families in the main, with skills, knowledge, experience and formal qualifications in business financial management.
|Phone||1800 612 004 or (08) 9964 7033|