Education Services – Geraldton
The Men’s Community Intervention Service (MCIS) is for men who perpetrate family violence who are willing and motivated to seek assistance with their current circumstances and violent abuse.
|Address||98a Chapman Road, Geraldton (next to Barber Shop)|
|GERALDTON WA 6531|
|Phone||0499 348 006|
This service offers early intervention and prevention strategies to women who are experiencing family violence. It provides short term support, advocacy and referral and can assist clients stay safe in their own home. They can provide assistance with:
- Risk assessment and safety planning
- Home visits
- Safety audits
- Applying for a family violence restraining order
- Court support
- This service is also able to work with those who are at risk of perpetrating violence which includes men.
|Address||25 Chapman Road|
|GERALDTON, WA 6531|
|Phone||(08) 9964 2742|
This service will work closely with families to improve family wellbeing and to keep children safe at home. To do this, the service will:
- Undertake an assessment of each family’s needs and then develop a suitable case plan
- Provide practical parenting education and skill development such as budgeting
- Child safety
- Meal planning
- School attendance and child mental health
- Help identify positive and supportive family networks that can keep children safe
- Help with family unifications
- Provide information
- Informal counselling
- Advocacy and warm referrals to appropriate services
Particularly in relation to issues associated with the use of alcohol and other drugs and family violence as well as support families in times of crisis.
|Address||Unit 3, Campbell House|
|GERALDTON, WA 6531|
|Phone||(08) 9921 5441|
Connect and Respect is dedicated to improving the safety of women, children and men within the Western Australian community.
They not only work directly with the individuals who have been charged with acts of abuse and violence, but seek to engage with and support those who have been impacted.
|Address||84 Chapman Road|
|GERALDTON, WA, 6531|
|Phone||(08) 9251 5777|
The Centacare Men’s Hub provides a central place for Men to come and discuss health, wellness and issues affecting them. They also provide a ‘Let’s Talk’ chat line for men during the COVID – 19 situation, they provide:
- Chats and informal counselling
- Men’s referral services to professional counselling
- Finding out hoe to activate your support network
- Talks on how to manage mental health while in self – isolation or qurantine
- 9:00am – 5:30pm
|Address||GERALDTON, WA 6531|
|Phone||(08) 9922 0240 or COVID 19 Chat Line 0460 528 986|
State and National Education Services
Communicare Breathing Space offers a behaviour change program to men who have been abusive in their intimate partner and family relationships. Our therapeutic community provides men with up to six months of accommodation while they undertake an intensive therapeutic program including educational group work, individual counselling and case management.
Group work includes:
- Men Relating Safely (men’s behaviour change programs)
- Understanding Anger, Aggression and Emotions
- Dadworx (Parenting/Fathering)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) support.
The program supports men to make changes in a secure and supported therapeutic setting.
|Phone||(08) 9439 5707|