Legal Services – Yilgarn


Legal Aid WA

Legal Advice and Support

Legal Aid WA provides duty lawyers in courts throughout Western Australia. They may be able to help with criminal charges, Family Violence Restraining Order applications, urgent family law hearings, and protection and care applications.

  • Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 4:00pm

AddressCanopus Street
Phone1300 650 579
Website url

Back to Home

Wheatbelt Community Legal Centre Inc

Legal Advice and Support

The Wheatbelt Community Legal Centre provides free information, referrals, legal advice, non-legal support, and casework. The centre can provide you with advice and assistance regarding;

  • The process of a Family Violence Restraining Order application;
  • How to make an initial application and affidavit and assess the likelihood of being granted an Family Violence Restraining Order
  • Options to settle the matter through negotiations with the respondent (person bound) such as Conduct Agreement Orders
  • How to maintain you and your children’s safety from family and domestic violence. They can assist you in providing advice,
  • Information and assistance in:
  • Gaining a better understanding of the legal process involved in divorce and separation;
  • Making arrangements for children following a separation ;
  • Receiving advice about finances after a separation;
  • Speaking to someone regarding mediation or family dispute resolution;
  • Options you may have to resolve your matter without going to court.
  • Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 4:00pm

Phone(08) 9622 5200
Website url

Back to Home

State and National Legal Support Services

Family Advocacy Support

Legal Advice

FASS provide support and legal help if you are affected by domestic and family violence and have a family law issue.
They can help you if you have experienced domestic and family violence or someone says you have used violence.
The Family Advocacy and Support Service lawyers can assist by:
  • Arrangements for children
  • Domestic Violence Orders (known as Family Violence Restraining Orders or FVROs)
  • Property after separation
  • Divorce
  • Child Support
  • Child protection
  • Applying for legal aid
  • Some urgent court matters
The Family Advocacy and Support Service support worker can assist by:
  • Help you plan for your safety
  • Talk to the Family Courts about your safety at court
  • Give you information and support during your family law case
  • Help with practical problems like Centrelink and housing
  • Advocate for you with services like police
  • Connect you with men’s behaviour change programs or other services


  • Monday to Friday 9:00am – 4:30pm

Phone1300 650 579
Website url

Back to Home

Youth Legal Service

Youth Legal Advice

Youth Legal Service provides free professional legal services to children and young people (under 25 years) residing in Western Australia.

Phone1800 199 006 or (08) 9202 1688
Website url

Back to Home

Do you have a suggestion for Legal Services?